Parent teaching resources to help while the kids are studying from home!
Teaching from home doesn't have to be exhausting! Check out this list of free/cost effective resources available at your fingertips!
With more kids at home, we've put together a list of the best free or cost effective resources that parents can access and many are modelled off the Australian curriculum.
Teach Starter - offers a range of time-saving, educational teaching resources for primary school teachers.Easy to download and ready to use, curriculum aligned teaching resources for primary school teachers, parents and students. Click here to go to Teach Starter!
- Edmentum - Worksheet bundles aimed at different stages of education. Keep in mind it is an American website, however the worksheet bundles are similar to our worksheets in Australia. Click here to go to Edmentum!
- Study Ladder - an online English, Science, Literacy and Mathematics learning tool with online educational activities for students aged 4-12 and mapped to the Aus curriculum. Basic package is free for up to 5 children! Click here to go to Study Ladder!
- Teachers Pay Teachers - A "pinterest" type site with resources available for free or purchase. Content is created by teachers and any paid resources are funding the creator (teacher). Click here to go to Teachers Pay Teachers!
- Learn Primary - App based Math and English learning platform for years 1-4. 14 day trial and based on Aus curriculum. Fun games and exciting rewards are included to keep students engaged! Click here to go to Learn Primary!
- IXL - Focus on personalised learning with an immersive learning experience. Children are given awards and personalised guidance while the app follows a comprehensive curriculum for preschool to Year 12. Paid app - all access is $19.95/month or $159/year .Click here to go to IXL!
- Funbrain - Leader in free educational games specialising in Math, grammar, science, spelling and history. A US site, however many tasks are still relevant. Click here to go to Funbrain!
- Complete Education Australia - Australias #1 home school provider that follows the full Australian Curriculum. Offering a 1 week detailed home school lesson plan. Click here to go to Complete Education Australia!
Reading and Literacy
- Teach your Monster to read - award winning phonics and reading game that rewards kids for completing reading tasks to customise their own monster! Normally $7.99 in app store, currently FREE to download.Click here to go to Teach your Monster to read!
- PLD Literacy - provide free resources for teachers and parents from preschool - year 6 offering decodable reading books, downloadable resources, essential starter packs and phonics sight word sequencing. Click here to go to PLD Literacy!
- Scholastic Story Starters - A fun, interactive tool for computers and ipads that generates writing prompts that include direction on character, plot and setting. American site however relevant and useful. Click here to go to Scholastic Story Starters!
- Sunshine Online - effective literacy program delivered digitally. Provides the best in animated and interactive digital content for literacy and early numeracy. Free Trial. Click here to go to Sunshine Online!
- Epic Reading - 30 Day Free Trial, instant access to 35,000 books, learning videos, quizzes and more. Broken down in to age groups and genre. Click here to go to Epic Reading!
- A Teachable Teacher - All in one reading passages giving students the opportunity to practice phonics and fluency with these reading comprehension tasks. Free downloads and paid resources starting from as low as $3.00. Click here to go to A Teachable Teacher!
- Spelling City - engaging phonics games for kids to improve knowledge of vocabulary words with spelling practice. $36.00/year for up to 5 students. Click here to go to Spelling City!
- Learning A-Z - Printable and projectable reading resources for Primary education. Free trial available. Click here to go to Learning A-Z!
- Pobble 365 - Writing prompts activities where students analyse and images and sentences. New image/activity daily. Click here to go to Pobble 365!
- Flyleaf Publishing - Read decodable books and complete homework worksheets based on sight words, phonics scope and sequence. Worksheets relate back to the book just read. Click here to go to Flyleaf Publishing!
- Readworks - free content, curriculum and tools to power learning from K-12. Access thousands of high quality articles to improve your childs reading comprehension. Click here to go to Readworks!
- Storyline Online - Providing celebrities reading books aloud to children with activities guides for teaching childrens how to analyse each book. Click here to go to Storyline Online!
- Mathletics - Award winning companion tool to help students learn maths. Engaging, fun and aligned to curricular across Australia using games, interactive activities and challenges. Click here to go to Mathletics!
- Mathseeds - Teaches kids aged 3-9 core math and problem solving skills with fun online math games and activities. Free 14 day trial. Click here to go to Mathseeds!
- Maths Online - Covering K-12. Basic Mathematics made easy. Learn at your own pace with video tutorials and interactive questions. Click here to go to Maths Online!
- Matific Australia - focuses on improving core skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Proven to help improve results, turns screen time into learning time with game based activities. 1 week free trial. Click here to go to Matific Australia!
- Smash Maths - interactive learning for the Australian Mathematics curriculum. Free to use. Click here to go to Smash Maths!
I hope these sites can offer assistance and support for you as a parent and/or educator. Learning doesn't have to be stressful when you have the right tools! We will update this blog regularly to ensure we provide you with the best learning tools available!
Disclaimer - please keep in mind some of these websites are free trials, when these trials are up they may incur a fee to keep using. We are not affiliated with these sites in any way, we just find them to be helpful educational tools. The blog post above is my own view and opinion, always do your own research.